Wednesday, November 5, 2008
With Christmas just around the corner (50 days and counting!), it's a perfect time to start making some of your own gift bags. These can be made for any celebration, not just Christmas. The possibilities are endless and your creations will be unique and one-of-a kind.
What you need:
A solid colored gift bag (I just used white but colored would work, too)
Any fabric of your choice
Puffy paints or glitter glue
Spray adhesive or a glue like Mod Podge or Tacky Glue
Foam paint brush (if using glue other than spray adhesive)
What you do:
1. Using the scissors, cut out a piece of fabric. The shape and size of the fabric is up to you. I chose to cut a basic rectangle that is just a little bit smaller than the shape of the gift bag.
2. Apply the glue to the backside of the fabric shape.
3. Adhere onto your gift bag. It's okay if there are little frayed strings hanging off the edges. Just snip them away once the glue dries.
4. Repeat this process on the backside of the bag.
5. Once the glue has dried and your fabric is adhered securely onto the bag, decorate with the puffy paints/glitter glue.
I just highlight aspects of the fabric:
6. To complete the look, use the glitter glue/puffy paint to outline the shape of the fabric on the bag. This will hide any flawed edges and will really make it look finished off.
7. Decorate the opposite side of the bag once the first side has dried.