Monday, January 19, 2009

Cauliflower Bisque





My friend Ali shared this recipe with me. She said it was so good, served with bacon and cheese sprinkled on top, that it tasted like potato soup without all of the carbs. I love cauliflower and I love potatoes... so it was game on!

I can't stop eating this! I just finished making it and we haven't eaten dinner yet and I'm already posting it. In fact, my husband isn't even home from work yet! It may be all gone by the time he gets home. If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it....

The simple recipe:

1 tsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup heavy cream
Bacon (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)


Saute the onion in 1 tsp butter until tender (I'll be honest and say that I used probably a tablespoon of butter... only because I love butter).

To the onion, add cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper (I used probably 1/4 tsp of each).



Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 1 hour.

Add mixture to blender or food processor; blend until smooth.





Stir in heavy cream. Top with bacon and cheese before serving.

No comments: