Monday, May 5, 2008
Spring is a perfect time for little kiddo's to make their own cute little caterpillars. These can be easily made with items most moms have in their craft closet (okay fine... maybe not everyone has an entire closet devoted to craft supplies, but most everyone has the items needed to make a paper caterpillar).
What you need:
Googly Eyes or markers
1. Fold your paper in half lengthwise and make a cut along the fold. You will only need one side for your caterpillar, unless you want to make a really, really long one.
2. Fold your halved paper in half again and then in half one more time. Open it out and cut along the folds (you should have four strips now).
3. Put some glue at the end of one strip and press on the end of another strip, fitting it in the corner neatly, and making a V with both strips. (I used two different colors of paper.)
4. Fold the left strip over and crease it. Then fold the other strip down over it.
5. Keep folding one strip neatly over the other one to make a concertina shape.
6. When you get near the end of the strips, glue on the spare strips and keep folding.
7. When you get to the end of all of the strips, glue the ends together.
8. Glue on eyes (either googly eyes or paper eyes), feelers and legs.