Sunday, March 30, 2008
These cute flowers are so simple to make.... and look really neat! Perfect for tucking into May Baskets or use as a bow on a Mother's Day gift....
What you need:
1 sheet of tissue paper (any color)
1 pipe cleaner or piece of floral wire
1. Cut tissue paper into about 6 rectangles of desired size (mine were about 5x7).
2. Stack your pieces of tissue paper. You can either have them all be the same color or stack a few different colors. Whatever color is on top will be what the center of your flower will be.
3. Accordion pleat the tissue paper working from the long side.
4. Snip a V shaped notch out of the center on each side of the folded tissue paper.
5. Wind one end of the pipe cleaner or wire around the middle of the accordion pleated tissue paper.
6. Gently separate each layer pulling upwards toward the middle of the flower.