Friday, October 24, 2008
These instructions are from Skip To My Lou-- such a creative idea! And really easy and quick to make.
What you need:
Orange tissue paper
What you do:
1. Draw a pumpkin shape on the tissue paper. You will need 9 layers.
2. Cut them out.
3. Glue one layer in the center of your cardstock.
4. Now, if the pumpkin were to be a clock, you need to put dabs of glue at 12:00 o'clock, 3:00 o'clock, 6:00 o'clock and 9:00 o'clock.
5. Place another tissue layer on top. Now you are going to glue in between:
12:00 o'clock and 3:00 o'clock
3:00 o'clock and 6:00 o'clock
6:00 o'clock and 9:00 o'clock
9:00 o'clock and 12:00 o'clock
6. Place another tissue on top and now glue as you did in step 4, at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00. Continue alternating this pattern as you add all 8 of the 9 layers.
7. When you get to the last tissue pumpkin, put the glue on the 8th layer. Then cut the ninth pumpkin in half, down the center.
8. Place the pumpkin half on the right side of the 8th layer. Fold the card in half. When you open it, you will have a honeycomb pumpkin!
9. You can add a little pumpkin stem to the top by using construction paper and glue.