Saturday, October 18, 2008
I saw this cute idea on the cover of a recipe magazine while standing in a checkout lane at the store the other day. I didn't buy the book, but figured it wouldn't be too hard to create these without a recipe. Another cute Halloween food idea to feed your little ghosts and goblins before sending them out the door for trick-or-treating.
Crescent roll dough
Mustard (or ketchup)
What you do:
1. Unroll the crescent dough and don't break it apart. Leave it as one large rectangle and press the diagonal seams together a bit.
2. Use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut strips in the rectangle of crescent dough.
(I ended up cutting all of it, not just half as the picture shows)
3. Roll the strips (either a full length strip or a half strip (since it's perforated already) )like you would to make a snake out of playdough. Stretch the dough to be about 2 times it's length.
4. Wrap the rolled strip around a hotdog in a bandage fashion. I used two or three "half" strips for each mummy.
5. Place your mummies on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for about 13 minutes (give or take) or until golden brown.
6. Use mustard or ketchup to dot some eyes on your mummies before serving.