Saturday, October 11, 2008
Just in time for Halloween! Wouldn't these Salty Bone Bread Sticks make the perfect accompaniment to your Halloween dinner? This recipe is from Family Fun Magazine. They were so simple to make and I can see my kiddies wanting these more than just at Halloween time!
Refrigerated bread stick dough
1. Unroll a tube of refrigerated bread stick dough and separate the rectangular pieces.
2. Working with one piece at a time, stretch the dough to lengthen it a bit and then use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut a 11/2-inch slit in the center of each end.
3. Roll or shape the resulting four flaps of dough into knobs that look like the ends of a bone.
4. Place the dough bones on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart, and sprinkle on a little coarse salt.
5. Bake the bones until they are light golden brown, about 12 minutes.