Tuesday, December 30, 2008
These are the easiest doughnuts you will ever make! All it takes is some refrigerated biscuit dough and some cinnamon-sugar. You can make them in a pan of hot oil on your stove top (at least 2 inches of oil) but I usually use our deep fryer. If you don't have a small circle cutter, improvise! I used a medicine cup from children's medicine!
Refrigerated biscuit dough
Cinnamon sugar (or powdered sugar or even frosting)
Cooking oil (I usually just use Crisco when I deep fry)
What you do:
1. Open up the biscuit tube and spread out the biscuits.
2. Use a circle cutter to cut a circle out of the center of each biscuit.
3. Drop biscuits in hot oil. They poof up a bit, so just do a few at a time.
4. Don't go anywhere... these cook fast.
5. After a minute or two, flip the doughnut using a fork.
6. Allow the other side to cook for about a minute or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oil, quickly shake off any access oil and immediately roll doughnut in cinnamon sugar.
8. Try not to eat them all in one sitting. :)