Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grass Head Guys



I got this idea from Family Fun magazine. I can't stop looking at them when I walk by my kitchen window-- they are hysterical! They have grown so fast and my kids can hardly wait to give them a haircut! You can see the "hair" hasn't all grown in yet, but I couldn't stand waiting to post these cuties any longer. (edited- The picture to the left has already had a haircut only 5 days ago and has already grown back to this size! My kids are loving this grow and groom process!)


What you need:

2 tbsp grass seed
Nylon stocking foot
1 cup potting soil
Plastic yogurt container
water
2 googly eyes
Permanent marker
Double sided tape
Decorative paper, markers, glitter, etc for clothes.



Directions:

Spoon the grass seed into the stocking foot, and the soil on top of the seed. Tie a knot in the stocking, leaving the excess fabric hanging.



Fill a yogurt container halfway with water and place stocking head on top with the nylon tail in the water to serve as a wick.

Attach googly eyes to the head and draw a mouth on with a permanent marker.

To decorate the yogurt container, tape on clothing made from paper or other materials.

**Be sure to check the water level in the yogurt container daily, keeping it at least half full.

No comments: