Thursday, July 31, 2008

Smiley Pancakes



What a great way to wake up with a smile! Use your favorite pancake recipe to make pancakes with smiles in them! All you have to do is first use a teaspoon to drop the batter eyes and mouth (and any other facial features you want) onto your hot griddle.



Allow the facial features to cook until bubbles form on top. Then just cover your smiley face with more batter and cook just as you would any pancake, allowing bubbles to come to the surface before you flip your pancake.

When you flip it over, the smiley face will be cooked right into your pancake! I made some with my children's initials, too. Think of the possibilities that you can cook into your morning pancakes, hehe!



Here is my basic pancake recipe. It's nothing special if not convenient for you to not have to search for yours.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar (optional- I like my pancakes sweet)
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup oil

Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.

In another bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk and oil.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to a batter that is somewhat smooth. Little lumpy's are okay.

2 comments:

Shiela Lee said...

I'm SO doing this one!! Thanks for sharing! (See, I read your blog!) LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele, could you send me an email about the possible use of one of these photographs in a gallery on a food website in the UK. Many thanks. heavyblue20 {at} hotmail {dot} com